General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
I take your privacy, and the confidentiality and data protection of client material very seriously. I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office and follow the current Data Protection law.
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (ZA139755).
I am an accredited BACP member (membership number 570973).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires me to clearly explain how I process and protect your data. Below is a summary of this for your information and consent.
‘I’ refers to Julia Goldfinch.
‘Processing’ means any operation which is performed on personal and sensitive data such as collection, recording, structuring, storage, retrieval, consultation, dissemination. This definition is not exhaustive.
‘Personal / sensitive data’ means any information relating to an identity of a person such as name, address, correspondence, phone number, email address, financial information. This definition is not exhaustive.
- I do not use any social media platform including WhatsApp/ Messenger to communicate with clients. Therefore, I will not reply to any messages sent via any social media platform including WhatsApp/Messenger.
- I collect and use your personal data as part of providing and managing the service I offer.
- I collect your data from you, and this happens either face to face or via phone or secure online communications. I will do my best to take care of your data and ensure it is accurate. I store information in paper form in a secure location
- Personal data is retained for as long as reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, subject to a longer period, if the information is relevant to an access request or legal challenge. For example: Client personal data is retained for 7 years.
- I only use secure methods to dispose of personal data.
- Your personal data will be stored by me. Your information will ONLY be shared with third parties in the event of a legal or ethical reason such as disclosure of criminal activity or serious harm to self or others, or risk to under 18s. Outside of these parameters your information will not be shared with anyone other than my supervisor.
- I will follow information security guidelines and ensure all privacy and data secure settings are put in place.
The new law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data, in particular a right to:
- a copy of your personal data,
- request corrections,
- have your personal data deleted and be ‘forgotten’,
- make a complaint.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting me on either:
Phone: 07939 505877
Or you can exercise these rights at any time by contacting:
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
15, St. John’s Business Park
Lutterworth. LE17 4HB.
Tel: (01455) 883300
You may also contact the Information Commissioners Office to submit a complaint:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or (01625) 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.